50% 50% 
[ 3 ]
50% 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

post Glasses or Lenses??

Post by waveshell on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 am

Which one do you prefer and why?

I normally wear glasses at home, if I go out, I change to lenses, mostly because I think I look like a nerd with glasses on, and also it's more convenient with lenses, I don't have to worry about glasses sliding off or bumping into anything.
waveshell

Back to top Go down

post Re: Glasses or Lenses??

Post by derrangedcookies on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:26 am

I where glasses all the time.
My parents won't get me lenses and I personally would look weird because my friends think I look better with glasses on.
Plus, since I swim, I have goggle marks. So it covers it up.
xD
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by tsuki_panda on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:30 am

i only need glasses when I'm reading the board in class other than that i don't need it xD
tsuki_panda

Back to top Go down

Post by vtgrrl on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 am

I only have glasses but I hear from my friend who recently has contacts that it's hard to put contacts on because he usually pokes himself in teh eyes? Hmm, I'm not sure.
vtgrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:14 am

lol he'll get use to it!! it use to take me forever to put those things in my eyes.. my first time, the person who was working there helped me to put them on, and she kept saying 'y'know, if you don't open your eyes, you won't get them in there no matter how hard you try!' :roll:

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:31 pm

'y'know, if you don't open your eyes, you won't get them in there no matter how hard you try!'

Lol! I heard about that!
How often do you need to change contacts?

One time our swim coach told me to get lasik because I'm always squinting at the clock. xD
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:04 pm

I don't wear glasses... 20/20 baby ;D

Chau, on the other hand does... he's like a -6 or something. He wears contacts 90% of the time, but he's been wearing his glasses for the past 2 weeks because he's getting Lasik soon :o

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Um...I don't have any lenses, and I've been trying to convince my mom (not working too hard) Because I'm starting to get involved in a few sports and I can't run with glasses because they move around and then make me dizzy or fall off. I wear my glasses all the time (except when sleeping, of course) but sometimes, during long car rides, I don't need to specifically see anything so I take them off. I personally think I look better with glasses, but my mom says I look too old for my age. lol

I also plan on getting lasik when I'm older...

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 am

I normally buy lenses that last me for a year, although I wear them about 3x longer lol =x well I wear mine until they get uncomfortable..

One time our swim coach told me to get lasik
ohhh that's what I wanted to do!!! As soon as I have some extra cash and time, I'll go do it!

ooo let me know how the lasik go Ann!!

I think it's better to start wearing lenses until your eyes are fully developed, or it's not very good for your eyes, or so I've heard

and as for Lasik, I think last time I checked, you have to be over 21..
waveshell

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:42 am

Yeah, lasik is for older people.
But, I like my glasses.
Smile
Even though I've dropped them about a hundred times and popped the lenses a billion times.
I love you
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 pm

I used to hate wearing glasses because I thought I looked like a nerd, so I just wore lenses all the time. But I stopped because if I wear lenses for a whole day, my eyes get really dry and irritated at night, and sometimes they turn red, too. I finally bought a pair of thicker plastic framed glasses and threw out my lenses. I'm satisfied with my new glasses (my old ones were frameless, and the ones before those were thin metal frames), and it's too late to get contacts now haha. I feel like my eyesight changed since my eye appt a couple months ago =/ but I was thinking of getting a few pairs of contacts just for special events or something.

The thing that stinks about wearing glasses is that if you take them off and forget where you put them, you're basically a blind person looking for your eyesight, and it's not fun haha. I also look worse in pictures with them on, despite the no glare -__-

These are the glasses I have now:
http://www.bestbuyeyeglasses.com/img/product.ashx/p?702470.jpg

Last edited by iliketobite on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm

The thing that stinks about wearing glasses is that if you take them off and forget where you put them, you're basically a blind person looking for your eyesight, and it's not fun haha. I also look worse in pictures with them on, despite the no glare -__-
I agree! Once, I was doing this short film thing at my friend's house, and it was supposed to be set in like pioneer times, so i figured there wouldn't be any glasses, took them off, threw them in a pile of leaves, and I was crawling on the ground, patting around. My "friends" gave me weird looks instead of helping me. =/
I think in pictures, I look better with glasses because I have blank frames and they sort of balance out my face since it's so colourless, but I get annoyed when someone's camera's flash reflects on my glasses. T_T

I've already got new glasses frames, and as soon as I get my eyes checked, I'll have the prescription to get them made. They're yellow and black. :3

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 pm

Ooh I love yellow!! Do you have a pic? Smile
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:46 pm

no... I haven't had my eye appointment yet, so I don't have the new prescrpitioned glasses. I'll post a pic up when I get them though. :3

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 pm

I like your glasses Lise Very Happy

Chau had his Lasik surgery done this morning :o I saw the whole thing. It was very very interesting. He had minor complications after we left... but we went back to the doctor's office and he fixed it haha. Right now he's wearing these shades/goggles he looks so funny *lol* Then tomorrow morning we have to go back for a check up. The Lasik was supposed to be like $4,000, but he got a friends and family discount so it ended up being $2,200 Very Happy yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Did he eyes hurt after lasik? Surprised

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Oh dang! That's pretty cheap!! Awesome =] I want to get lasik too, but I know if I get it now my eyes will get worse anyway, so I'm waiting till I'm like... really blind lol. And thanks Ann ^___^
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Zoey, no his eyes didn't hurt lol

Lise, yea you probably should wait... Chau is like -7 ish so yea that's why he went ahead and did it haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Oh damn, I want to get lasik too. But like Leslie, I would rather wait until my eyes are worse. lol.

Did Chau have astigmatism too?
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 pm

ohhh, I got my new glasses. My new prescription is like -4.5 and -4.25. ;___;
Once I find my camera, i'll snap a picture of my snazzy new glasses. XD

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:05 pm

^ Nice. I got an eye exam like a month ago but I haven't had time to go shopping for new glasses. -_-
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:02 pm

so horrible~~~ I'm getting worse by like 1 everytime. D: If I continue this, I'll be like at -8 or -9 by the end of highschool!!!

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Ooo they ARE snazzy! Smile Haven't talked to you in a while. I like those though! They look good on you. And I love yellow xD
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:55 pm

hehe, thanks! ;D

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:01 pm

I like your glasses, Zoey. Everytime I buy new glasses, I always try on that type but they always seem to swallow my face up. lol so I'm jealous of you. So what's your prescription now?
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:11 pm

so horrible~~~ I'm getting worse by like 1 everytime. D: If I continue this, I'll be like at -8 or -9 by the end of highschool!!!

Holy crap! That's high... and I thought Chau's degree was bad (-7) lol

But yea, those are some cute glasses Very Happy

Last edited by Ann on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm

lol omg that is such a cute glasses!! I think glasses suit you Zoey! what's -4.5 converts to degrees?? like 200?

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:13 pm

I have a 4.
I'm near sighted.
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:41 pm

my new prescription is -4.5 and -4.25! D:

lol...I'm not sure if it converts to degrees? That's just how I say my prescription. It's probably incorrect. hahah

haha, thanks for the compliments guys. Razz

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Zoey: I like the glasses!
Smile

Really?

My left eye is 4.75 my right is 4.25.
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by xxaznz on Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm

I really would like to wear contacts, but always waer glasses, because my right eyes is smaller than my left one 0.o
I feel like wearing my glasses diminish the effect
xxaznz

Back to top Go down

Post by tee on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:22 pm

aww Zoey you're glasses are Caaa-ute! I love you I haven't talked to you in awhile...hope everything is going well!!
tee

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

because my right eyes is smaller than my left one
lol is it obvious Jess?? My eyes use to be like that, my left eye was the small one though, it was smaller by almost half because of the eyelids lol, but I grew out of it and some years ago, the eyelid of my left eye kind of just.. 'matured' LOL.. and now they're normal!! so it's hopeful Jess!! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by z-o-e-y on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:42 am

My left eye is 4.75 my right is 4.25.
haha, what a coincidence! So close~

aww Zoey you're glasses are Caaa-ute! I haven't talked to you in awhile...hope everything is going well!!
ahhaa, thanks. I like these ones 'cause when I run, they don't move. I have no idea why...when I had the lighter pair I wore before, whenever I ran, it'd move and make me dizzy. >_<
And everything's going as well as it can go. xP

z-o-e-y

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down