In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

James - In This Club

Go down

post James - In This Club

Post by notevenslinky on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:47 am

I was inspired by someone singing it on acoustic guitar couple of days ago. So I figured I learn it. Then I just had to record it haha. for fun? I guess. Nothing too special. Added a classical guitar / piano / strings which I played. I did everything (recording / mixing) in a quickie.

So here is my rendition of the song.. hope you guys enjoy~ and not bleed your ears to death eek~!
few posts or feedback would b nice
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (edited version) by shelly the "BOSS" haha

Last edited by notevenslinky on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
notevenslinky

Back to top Go down

post Re: James - In This Club

Post by waveshell on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 am

what!!! You didn't wait for Tiff to finish her part, she was working hard on it!! =( how disappointing!

haha anyway, I like your version better than the original, original was too heavy for me.

and dude, I didn't notice this before, but you have a rather high voice for a male! Well I guess Asians have higher voices? lol cool.

noticing the big 'gasp' during the beginning du du du lol, take 2!
(tune: the 'Well' at 00:19 was rather obvious if you're a perfectionist :silent:)
sorry I'm really picky.. esp on good stuff hahah, ignore me.

hey do you use a pop-stopper? Just wondering..
(01:41 'Purpose' popped?)

guitar / piano / strings
and by 'strings', did you mean guitar? I was expecting strings like violin or cello lol, but I don't recall hearing any strings apart from guitar. Again, just wondering.

that's all my wonders. Cool and thumbs up for the song 👍

-----
P.S If you're a minor, please don't listen to the lyrics!!! lol
waveshell

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 pm

I like it, James. I don't have any constructive criticism since I'm not a musician by any means Laughing It sounds like a borderline country song. It's also cheerful too and very romantic ^_^ The original was nice too in its own way. I think the two versions sound completely different. So props for making it work.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:58 pm

I see how it is, James! Don't worry, I'll remember this incident! Haha just kidding, I would have ruined it anyway.

I was inspired by someone singing it on acoustic guitar couple of days ago.
Haha I think I know who it was! I watched a video on youtube where the person started off the song the same way. lol. Anyway I like your rendition, good job. Then again I am partial to acoustic songs. Haha. Btw, this song is called "Love in this Club"! Just saying. lol.

P.S If you're a minor, please don't listen to the lyrics!!! lol
LOL. I'm pretty sure everyone's already heard the song. It was a big hit on top 40 radio.

It sounds like a borderline country song.
Really? It doesn't sound country at all to me. But James! You should record a country song or two. lol.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by notevenslinky on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:11 pm

hahaha!!! thanks for all the comments! you guys are too much~ I practically laughed the most at Shelly's comments haha. she is a perfectionist, so am I, butttt~ I know what you mean shelly, the POPs and the "well", I heard it too, but I was just too lazy to fix them all. Like I said it wasn't a big deal thang. But I might, just might fix them lol.

sorry taffy, I didn't know if you were really gonna do it, so I went on and recorded it. you're still welcome to do it? i'll add your vocals onto mine? yeah? lol

-----
i uploaded the edited one that i did in like 10minutes shelly lol. got rid of the pops, jeezus haha. and the pitch on "well" tried to get as close, didn't wanna make it sound autotune'ish or robotic lol. i could have sat there and pitch corrected like couple more, but the day is rainy, and gloomy and its makin me all moody =(

Last edited by waveshell on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there's an Edit button dude)
notevenslinky

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:06 am

I'm pretty sure everyone's already heard the song. It was a big hit on top 40 radio.
Just in case if any parents want to sue us, that's all ;P

Like I said it wasn't a big deal thang
lol I know, but the rest of the music are pretty much perfect and it bugs me with those 2 little details.

i'll add your vocals onto mine? yeah? lol
pffft no need to push it if you think she's not good enough for you = =;

you make good musics when you're moody James, you can't fool me!

Edit: I just finished downloading the new version.. thanks Jamsie haha at least the 'well' is better than the last one lol
now I can keep this song in my folder heheh
waveshell

Back to top Go down

Post by notevenslinky on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 pm

aww thanks shelly, I'm glad the edits made you happy lol. wow I can't believe i'm replying two posts at once, after I'm back home from partying at 3:30am, i'm sooooooooooo beat, and my FRICKEN RIGHT EAR is ringing like HELL, help me boss shelly =( pout pout i think i need a warm hug from u hahahahaha okkkk i'md oneeeeeeee
notevenslinky

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I really like it =] I dont have any musical advice.. cause i'm not musically inclined haha. but i think it sounds nice from a regular person point of view
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by tee on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 pm

iliketobite wrote:I really like it =] I dont have any musical advice.. cause i'm not musically inclined haha. but i think it sounds nice from a regular person point of view

oo I like it too. But you're not a regular person, Lise. You're very special.
tee

Back to top Go down

Post by notevenslinky on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm

EVERYONE!!! lice likes to bite!!! puhahaha~ *shakes head*
notevenslinky

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Beef Jerky, you're hilaaaaarious. Not!
iliketobite

Back to top Go down