In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Lame school excuses

Go down

post Lame school excuses

Post by waveshell on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 am

First of all, if you're still at school, be a good student and don't learn from us!!!

I just found this letter in my old mail box and I thought it was hilarious and very creative of me to come up with these lol... point is, she didn't fail me because I had no attendance horrah!

share yours as well!!

Dear Leonie,
This is Shelly, I'm terribly sorry that I wasn't able to attend the first 2 tutorials of this semester. I was away overseas last week, my grandmother just passed away. We then had to move to a new home quite far from the city this week and I've stretched my muscles and have great difficulty to get to school today. All these caused a little delay in my compositions. I'm very sorry.

For the composition competition, is it compulsory for everyone to enter? My first piece is an ensemble for Soprano, Flute, Viola and Tuba, both Eve and Robert have mentioned there might only be one tuba players in the school of music, which means it's likely that I can't get all the players together on time. This is the piece I've planned to enter the competition from the start of the year. As for my second piece, I've done some work on a solo violin piece, but I've heard it's best not to enter a solo piece to the competition, so I'm thinking of adding another instrument and make it into a duet, but this week is the entry deadline and I'm not sure if i can finish the second piece on time. So I'm just wondering, if this competition is a compulsory part of the assignment, I will enter my first piece for now, but if I cannot find all the players I need, will I be able to withdraw from the competition? And will you fail me if I didn't enter this competition at the end? Also Do you mind sending me some performers' contact details? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much and sorry for all the trouble.

-----
Shelly,
Thanks for the email, I was wondering what had become of you. It sounds as though you will have difficulty meeting the deadline for the Lilburn Prize concert. I would not change your second piece at this stage, if you have envisaged it as a solo violin piece it would be best for us to be able to work on it in tutorials without trying to finish it in two days. The point of entering the Lilburn concert was to show an involvement in the composition department and the School of Music, and although very desirable, it wouldn't be enough on its own to fail the course...if you don't get something entered in time I would suggest making a big effort to get something played or make some sort of presentation at the upcoming Friday workshops - sign up sheets are on the composition noticeboard upstairs.

I look forward to meeting up with you again next Monday.

Leonie

I have also wrote 'notes' for myself.. a few I can remember

'sick' always.. =/
'shower drain flooded' was my favorite one to use for being late to school
'neighbors locked themselves in'
'all sorts of appointments'
waveshell

Back to top Go down

post Re: Lame school excuses

Post by iliketobite on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 pm

LOL Shelly... TSK TSK.

I always go to class! Unless I have to study for an exam for another class. Which is probably happened 3 times in college. In high school I never skipped without a legit reason. I did have to miss school for a week, but it was because I was sick and in the hospital.
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:49 pm

LOL, SHELLY.
TEACH ME!
I think I'll end up skipping random lectures in the morning because I won't be able to wake up.
My classes start at 8:30 everyday. What's the difference between university and high school if they're gonna start so early in the morning!? D:
mari

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 am

lol oh yeah 'slept in' was the most popular reason why I miss my classes! lol so I thought.. 'oh well I'm late anyway, wouldn't hurt to be late for another 2 classes' lol

I got to choose my timetables when I was at university xD and I chose all the afternoon classes and I'm still late lol

Back to top Go down

Post by han on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:15 am

morning classes are good, this way after class you still have the afternoon to hang out and have fun and do my own stuffs, all my class are in the morning.
if i had afternoon classes, i would sleep until noon then go for class and the day would be over without much done :p
han

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsvixen on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:23 pm

I don't think I've ever been on time to any classes at university.
I just really liked making an entrance everytime.
mrsvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:30 am

'neighbors locked themselves in'
LOL did you mean lock themselves out?

I remember when Chau was in the 11th grade he got in trouble for attendance so I had to come to his school and pretend to be his older sister haha... and it actually worked! HAHAHA!

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:55 pm

lol Christie I think you enjoyed coming to my classes more than your own.. I didn't like your classes though, they were so boring and we can't talk!

hahah Ann, you do look more mature than your age

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsvixen on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:21 pm

your classes were awesome, they were like mini-concerts.
mrsvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Mari... you can do it!! I have 8am classes almost every day this semester. I thought it was really gonna suck (since I have to wake up at 5:30am to get there) but it's actually not that bad. And If you find yourself sleeping in class, it's better that you're sleeping there than at home because you might subconsciously be listening! At least that's the theory I always stuck to and hoped would work, lol. I don't think it did... but that's why I have a recorder to record all my lectures and play them back later to get stuff I missed Wink Good luck in school Mari!
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:50 pm

My school excuse is usually traffic nowadays. Except for Soc class that's on days I don't have work, it's all me haha. But my teacher is really lax and sometimes late himself too o_o

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down