Layout: Version 2

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

I need a new Cell Phone..suggestions?

Go down

post I need a new Cell Phone..suggestions?

Post by xxaznz on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 pm

So right now I'm at the end of my contract and can finally rid myself of my pink moterolla razor! :] (the first generation)

I need a new phone, and was thinking of getting the Nokia 5230, but it's not coming out until around December in Europe. And i live in Canada ):

Does anybody know any cellphones that are good, kinda new, that not a TON of ppl have (like the LG neon), that I could maybe buy in Ottawa//Toronto, or online from a trusted place?

I have NO idea how to choose a cellphone, and I don't know anything about GSM, or q4 and stuff, so ANY help would definately be appreciated! :]
xxaznz

Back to top Go down

post Re: I need a new Cell Phone..suggestions?

Post by waveshell on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 pm

everyone would go for an iphone! I'm probably not the best person to advice but I choose cellphones based on their looks. I only need basic functions, as long as they have those, the prettiest will win lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsuki_panda on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 am

LOL back then Motorola were the shit. Such a sleek design too ~____~

in terms of new phones, Iphones are too expensive ~___~.
how about a Samsung preston Surprised its got a neat design.
tsuki_panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:46 am

Tuan, I like how the Samsung Preston (left) and Star (right) looks... mine is similar to the Star and it's PINK hehe Very Happy
Spoiler:
Jess, what kind of features are you looking for?

Back to top Go down

Post by xxaznz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Haha Shelly! I can't afford an iphone! Razz
The samsung preston doesn't look too bad actually ... :] I do like the design Very Happy

Ann: LOL my features, were PINK Very Happy and i don't really have any specific features, just making sure that I have an SD card, not like massive like a blackberry. But i'm pretty leaneant Smile Does that samsung or your star sell in Canada do you guys know?

xxaznz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:22 am

Hmmmm I don't know if the Samsung Star or F480 are sold in Canada, but you could try going to a phone dealer and ask them. Here's a pic of my phone... it's called the Samsung F480

It's touch screen and has a micro sd slot for cards up to 4 GB. It has a 5 megapixel camera that's pretty decent... it also has a radio function that requires the pink earphones to be plugged in. Overall it's not a smart phone, but it's a nice and pretty simple phone.

Back to top Go down

Post by xxaznz on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:36 pm

^Ohhh I've seen that one before!
It sounds like a pretty good phone :]
But I wouldn't know, not a good judge of phones haha
Do you like your phone? Any problems with it?
xxaznz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsvixen on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:25 am

I choose cellphones based on their looks. I only need basic functions, as long as they have those, the prettiest will win lol.

Second that.
mrsvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:21 am

Jess, I like my phone a lot... not problems at all so far ;D
Good luck with cell phone hunting Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:40 pm

My phone is quite similar to Ann's, it's Samsung U708E, here's a pic

Back to top Go down

Post by xxaznz on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks Ann! :]
Haha you two, I can't just base my phone on looks! But if I did i'd definately buy the ice cream 2 Very Happy Check it outt

^Maybe I'm totally blind, but I don't think your phone looks anywhere close to Ann's haha. But i know somebody who has the same phone as you too :]

I also searched for the samsung touch here in Ottawa, and ovecourse because I live in the most hick town, we they don't sell it here...
I think i'm going to wait until I drop down to Toronto, and see what I can savage from there..
xxaznz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 pm

^ Maybe Shelly meant the features were similar haha but good luck finding a phone Jess Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 am

lol sorry yea I meant the functions are pretty much the same as what Ann described

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:31 pm

I know you think Blackberries are huge... but seriously, once you go blackberry you never go backberry!! (thats the line I say to everybody who gets a blackberry, haha) Really though, the blackberry is awesome! And you DO get used to the size. Or if not, the Blackberry Pearl is a smaller phone, and just as schveeet =]

Or if you really aren't buying my blackberry promotions... I like Samsung =] I HATE Nokia phones... I've always had a bad experience with them (but I did get the normal kind, not the fancy shmancy Nokias, so I guess I can't really call them all bad). Samsungs are really reliable in my opinion. I had a motorola too, which I didn't like. I didn't like the setup or the font... (I also don't like the Nokia font) which I'm sure probably isn't a big factor for you, but like Shelly and Christy I factor in cell phone looks a lot in my decision.

I don't know much about phones regarding technicalities, but I think most phones have an SD card slot anyways. Also depends if you like touch screen or not (personally I don't like touch screens) so that could help you narrow your decision the more you think about what aspects of a phone you like and dislike.

Let us know how it goes! ^_^
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by han on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am

best phone in the world
han

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:09 pm

^ If only the Pomegranate phone were real lol I'd totally freakin' get it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by xxaznz on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Hmm Lise...Is a blackberry reaaaally that good??
I hear a lot of people say Nokia's are reliable, so I'm not really sure anymore
As for a suamsung, I'm looking into those, but hehe just cause I'm a girl i also must have not only a phone, but an acessory Razz (which is the phone if nobody got that Razz)

What's everybody's opinion on LG's?

Haha, I'd also definately get the pomegranate..
At first it was totally believable, then it got ridonkulous. Razz

xxaznz

Back to top Go down

Post by ahnies on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 pm

iliketobite wrote:I know you think Blackberries are huge... but seriously, once you go blackberry you never go backberry!! (thats the line I say to everybody who gets a blackberry, haha) Really though, the blackberry is awesome! And you DO get used to the size. Or if not, the Blackberry Pearl is a smaller phone, and just as schveeet =]

Or if you really aren't buying my blackberry promotions... I like Samsung =] I HATE Nokia phones... I've always had a bad experience with them (but I did get the normal kind, not the fancy shmancy Nokias, so I guess I can't really call them all bad). Samsungs are really reliable in my opinion. I had a motorola too, which I didn't like. I didn't like the setup or the font... (I also don't like the Nokia font) which I'm sure probably isn't a big factor for you, but like Shelly and Christy I factor in cell phone looks a lot in my decision.

I don't know much about phones regarding technicalities, but I think most phones have an SD card slot anyways. Also depends if you like touch screen or not (personally I don't like touch screens) so that could help you narrow your decision the more you think about what aspects of a phone you like and dislike.

Let us know how it goes! ^_^

Lol i hear "you have a crackberry?" more than anything else. I like the blackberry, I have the curve 8330. It's slow as hell but I wished there was more apps out for it =[ or else i would of waited and got the iphone.

assuming your gonna be with either Rogers or Fido (they're the one wit hthe sim cards), Bell recently got it just for the iphone.

any ways what kind of phone are you looking for? something with texting? touch screen? Unlocked - asian phones (like the Lg Cookie, Sharp - i forgot the exact name), flip? shell? slider? Candy bar? Do you listen to music on your phone etc etc.
ahnies

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:24 am

lol asian phones?? and what's a candy bar?

Back to top Go down

Post by ahnies on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 am

uh asian phones are usually phones that are from Japan? I think we can get LG, Sony Ericson..or any type of phone generally used in asia here.

Candy bar would be like,

Clam shell:

guess clam shell is the same as flip.
ahnies

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Apparently iPhones are all the rage right now. All my friends have 'em. I didn't notice at first, but after a while, I noticed in my accounting class that the moment my prof starts talking, everyone whips out their cellphones and start texting, and they're ALL iPhones!!!

And funny thing is, I had one in the summer except I traded it in my for Sony Erickson which I like so much better, but now I feel out of the loop. xD
mari

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:56 am

except I traded it in my for Sony Erickson
=o why didn't you ask me Mari!! I'll trade you with my crappy phone!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:38 am

LOL I may have missed this in the conversation but what "crappy" phone do you have?? Surprised
mari

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:07 pm

here's my post:

my 'crappy' phone

it's actually not that crappy lol.. but hey I wouldn't mind to trade it with an iPhone!

what do you guys do on phones anyway?? Apart from being a 'watch', receiving calls and texting, I don't do anything else there =/ I feel like I'm wasting the features!

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Ah! Samsung phones are wicked!
I think all the anycall commercials endorssed by hot korean celebrities made me want one really bad. But I like my phone just fine.

Haha I'm not a phone person - kind of technology challenged too. All I do is call and text, and play games when sitting on the bus bored out of my mind.
There are so many gadgets on here I don't even know how to use. D:
OOOH and I take pictures with the phone - best thing ever! I hate having to carry an actual camera around with me so phone-cams are great!
mari

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:34 pm

I love my Blackberry (I have the Blackberry Curve 8900 from T-Mobile). I think iPhones are interesting and definitely offer a lot in terms of applications and useful tools, but I've never been a touch-screen person. Also, I like to be able to actually press a button when I text because if I tap on a screen, I feel like I'm not really typing anything out. Maybe if I had an iPhone I would speak differently, but as of right now I am not interested in the iPhone.

Shelly did you ever end up getting a new phone? Or do you still have your old one? I have a lot of friends with iPhones/iTouches and they love them. Absolutely love them. I'd say they have a lot more to offer than blackberries, but I really love my blackberry and I ain't gonna let it go =]
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down