In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Leona Lewis 'punched' at signing

Go down

post Leona Lewis 'punched' at signing

Post by waveshell on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:05 am

Police have arrested a man over an alleged assault on 2006 X Factor winner Leona Lewis at a book signing.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said police were called to Waterstone's book store at Piccadilly, London, but Lewis did not need hospital treatment.
Lewis's spokesman said the singer had been signing autographs for around 90 minutes when "a guy came up and punched her to the side of the head".

The spokesman added that Lewis was "understandably badly shaken".
In a statement, Waterstone's said: "There was an incident at our Leona Lewis signing this afternoon and the event was immediately stopped.

The security all jumped on him and they were trying to pull him out and he was just laughing

Eyewitness
"We are now doing everything we can to support the police in their inquiries."
Lewis had been signing copies of her new autobiography, Dreams, which is due to be released next month.

One fan at the scene told the BBC: "My brother saw the whole incident. He [the attacker] walked up there with the book, she signed it and, as she looked up, he just punched her.

"He [my brother] actually heard the impact."

Another eyewitness added: "She was running out with her hand over her eye and I just saw a man on the floor.

"Suddenly the security all jumped on him and they were trying to pull him out and he was just laughing, he thought it was funny."

Lewis's spokesman added: "The police were called immediately and medical attention has been sought.

"Leona's understandably badly shaken and apologises to the fans she was unable to meet and complete signings for."

'Professionalism'
Waterstone's said it took security at book signings "extremely seriously" and this was the first incident of its kind it had encountered.

"We would like to thank Leona for her professionalism and we are extremely sad that this event was ruined for her, and her fans, many of whom queued from the early hours of the morning to meet her," it added.

Lewis had been scheduled to appear on the BBC's The One Show on Wednesday night; however a spokesperson confirmed she had pulled out.

BBC sports presenter Gabby Logan was brought in to replace her.

Lewis's second album, Echo, is scheduled for release in November.

The three-time Grammy Award nominee released her debut single A Moment Like This shortly after winning the ITV1 show.

She is due to play a gig in her native Hackney in east London on 2 November.

[Source]
waveshell

Back to top Go down

post Re: Leona Lewis 'punched' at signing

Post by waveshell on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am

Is it just me or are they exaggerating this thing?? I'm upset that she cancelled the signing and the show.. it's not like she broke her leg or cut her throat =(

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsvixen on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:39 pm

she cried too, if I were her I'd throw that moron a punch back, plus a bonus kick in the crotch.
mrsvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:19 am

She's a boring singer. Serves her right.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsvixen on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:21 pm

^haha indeed! so the moron had a point.
mrsvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by kuchiyosenojutsu on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

o.o...

kuchiyosenojutsu

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:19 am

boring singer??? =o I love her songs!!! but I can't believe she cried and cancelled all that just for a punch =( disappointing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 pm

I would have to agree with Shelly here, Leona is awesome Razz... you guys are so mean... Leona isn't boring xD

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm ehh about her songs, but if she's not a bitch she doesn't deserve to be punched. As for cancelling the singing, I kinda understand because would YOU want to continue signing autographs after you got punched in the face? Probably not.. especially since she seems to have been punched in the eye.

I'd cry too if I were her (cause I'm a big crybaby as it is). I don't really have a liking or disliking towards her, but that guy's a douchebag for punching her in the face like that. Maybe if she did something terrible she would deserve it, but I don't think she did.
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:53 am

I'd sing if I'm able to sing when I have a crowd out there, I'd feel terrible and never forgive myself for letting those people cue up waiting since hours and hours ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down