In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Who has the cheapest friend?

Go down

post Who has the cheapest friend?

Post by Oblada on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:50 am

So I have this friend that untied the string holding a pair of heels together as well as the tag, so that she could tie it back together and return the heels after wearing them for a night. This was at Walmart so the heels were less than $20.

She also bought shoes that were uncomfortable and gave her blisters just because they were $5.

Another friend will refuse to leave the AC consistently on in his car. He'll turn the AC off at a red light, make everyone roll down their windows, and turn the AC back on when the light changes to green.

Back in high school, I also had a friend who would never bring a lunch. We ate lunch with about 6-8 other people so she'd wait until people finished eating, and ate their leftovers. That was her lunch. I don't talk to this friend anymore btw. She would also hustle for money during her breaks and brag about people lending her money and not paying them back.

Some of my friends' moms would go to all-you-can-eat buffets and throw chicken in their purses to bring home.

Oh, and we did this once or twice back in junior high. Haha. At the movies, we'd buy 2 tickets for like 10 people, and each person would take turns bringing across the next person.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

post Re: Who has the cheapest friend?

Post by krzyasian on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Oh, and we did this once or twice back in junior high. Haha. At the movies, we'd buy 2 tickets for like 10 people, and each person would take turns bringing across the next person.
I think my cheapest friend is Tiff Razz

untied the string holding a pair of heels together as well as the tag, so that she could tie it back together and return the heels after wearing them for a night.
hmm let me think. I think one of my aunts knows how to use a stove or something to melt those plastic string back together to put back on the tag. My mom told me this and she said she thought about doing that, but I don't think she's actually done it .. maybe.

and throw chicken in their purses to bring home.
At this Chinese event, a lot of the women did that. They would put a crapload of food in their plates, put another plate over it, and stuff it in their purses... i guess it worked out cuz we did have a lot of leftovers Razz

We ate lunch with about 6-8 other people so she'd wait until people finished eating, and ate their leftovers.
Maybe she was poor :/ I do have a friend, whom I dont talk to much, that was kinda like that. Only she would pity herself only about everything though. She wouldn't pay people back either... kinda be like "oops!! I'm so sorry *mope mope mope* I'll have it soon" aka never. Nonetheless she pissed me off to no end lol.

Can I name ways that I'm cheap? I dont have a lot of friends, and I cant think of any ways theyre cheap Bloated

My lunch consists of whatever microwavable food is on sale in Walgreens XD
I pay more attention to the price of an item vs if I like it. This pisses off my cousin (GC) cuz he'd say, "the price doesnt change the fact if you like it or not!! NOW DO YOU LIKE IT" lol. I have found he uses my philosophy on me pretending its his own ~_~ that makes me angry too only cuz he says it like hes so much wiser than me argh -_-;;

Edit:
Oh wait! MY MOTHER. If she gets an article of clothing thats gonna be a one-night wear, she returns it afterwards!!! I LIKED MY GRADUATION DRESS. *cries*

Edit2:
My parents grab refills of soda (if they can) as we leave out of a place like McDonalds...

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:59 pm

I think my cheapest friend is Tiff
Haha in my defense, it wasn't my idea!

She wouldn't pay people back either... kinda be like "oops!! I'm so sorry *mope mope mope* I'll have it soon" aka never.
Yeah that's what my friend did too. She'd promise to pay people back, but never actually got around to it. -_-

And Kat, I don't think you're cheap... well not in the same way that the people I talked about are cheap. I think you're more frugal (smart shopper) than cheap (overly stingy).

And lol @ at the McD's thing. My parents grab a crapload of ketchup from fast food restaurants all the time. Haha.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:06 pm

I think my cheapest friend is Tiff
LOL Agreed!

I don't actually have any stories to tell, overly stingy people are actually one of my peeves so I stay far away from them lol. I sometimes do little things to get a cheap deal but that's nothing compared to your stories above lol

Oh there is one time where my aunty took the plastic plates from the airplane, she thought it was nice and I remember how ashamed I was and made her feel pretty bad too lol

we'd buy 2 tickets for like 10 people, and each person would take turns bringing across the next person.
lol that's not really cheap.. it's a bit diff from stuffing chicken in purses.

me and Christie use to sneak into other rooms after we watched the movie we paid for lol

and me and 2 colleagues walked out of the bar after having a bottle of rose something sparkling wine..

but that's not cheap as in greedy cheap
waveshell

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 pm

What! I don't think I'm cheap. lol. I mean I wouldn't say no to a bargain but I also wouldn't hesitate to pay a premium for quality stuff.

overly stingy people are actually one of my peeves
Yeah, people like that annoy me too, but most of my friends are Asian so... it's like it's in their blood. Haha.

Oh there is one time where my aunty took the plastic plates from the airplane
Haha that's pretty common among Asian parents... take plastic forks and knives and spoons. AND NAPKINS. My parents do this.

me and Christie use to sneak into other rooms after we watched the movie we paid for lol
This isn't too bad. lol. I can see myself doing this if I had nothing else to do haha.

but that's not cheap as in greedy cheap
Yeah that's more likely stealing lol.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:39 pm

wouldn't hesitate to pay a premium for quality stuff.
like spending $5 extra? lol sure

but most of my friends are Asian so... it's like it's in their blood
uh no... you need to meet some real asian!! none of my asian friends are like that.

lol that's not stealing, stealing is taking something when people are not watching, but we walked off in front of a lot of people including the guy who served us!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:41 pm

No Shelly, $6 extra!

uh no... you need to meet some real asian!! none of my asian friends are like that.
Lol are you kidding. Maybe your friends are more Westernized. But I think my friends got their thriftiness from their parents. Btw not all my friends are stingy. It's just a select few. But a lot of them are bargain hunters.

stealing is taking something when people are not watching
Sigh... no comment.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by tsuki_panda on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:42 pm

this is easily the best thread ever XD ahahah
i remember .... this one time i shouted my friend for a pizza, i got him a large one.
when it came for him to treat me out to eat... he shouted me a small pizza >______> but get this we were sharing a small pizza with 4 freaking slices.... in the end i ended up buying my own and he munched on mine.

bahh i hope that makes sense ahahah XD
tsuki_panda

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 pm

bahh i hope that makes sense ahahah XD
Didnt you tell me a story once that I had to re-tell to make sure I understood it right? haha! I think I know what you're saying though.

That reminds me of something cheap I do by accident xD (to Nakul (besides major general mooching)). Whenever we go out to eat, he asks me, "you want a drink (beverage)?" and i always reply no. Cept whenever we get our food and sit down, I start taking sips of his drinks Sad He gets pretty pissed at me xD But the thing is, I really dont want a drink when he asks, but after eating i get thirsty :/ also i cant finish a whole drink by myself T_T

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:31 am

lol Tuan, if that guy is doing it in a joking way then I wouldn't mind, if he's freakin serious, I'd block him right after that pizza!

my answer is always yes when people ask me about food and drinks.. this one? yes. drink? yes. icecream? yes. dessert? YES!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

And lol @ at the McD's thing. My parents grab a crapload of ketchup from fast food restaurants all the time. Haha.
At the McD I go to for food, you have to pay $.26 for extra ketchup or sauce! They give you like two or three for free, but afterwards you have to pay. haha. This guy was pretty pissed and "accidently" flung the quarter over the counter onto the floor. What an a-hole. People like those make me wanna stab them ~_~ bah. Im not sure if other McD's in the area are like that or how long the $.26 thing has been going on.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by tsuki_panda on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:42 pm

o that's normal over here Kat at McD's regarding the charge on sauces. Same applies for KFC too D:.
tsuki_panda

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Omg I never knew they charged you extra for sauces!! I'm such a pushover; half the time I go to McDonalds I feel like I'm paying more for my meal than it actually says it is, and I always think "Oh well..." because I like to avoid conflicts. I think they charge you extra for eating in the store rather than taking it out, but I'm not sure.

I hear you on the people throwing money like that!! How disrespectful; I feel a lot of anger when people carelessly chuck their prescription bottles in the drive through window as I open the drive through and am halfway saying "Hi how can I help you". And they don't even look me in the face; it's like I'm not human. ARGHGHGHGHHGH!!! Yes, I secretly wish for karma to strike back at them.

Back on topic...

My parents always took MAD KETCHUP packets and even MORE napkins from Burger King and McDonalds. Actually, for the longest time all the napkins in our home was either from those two places or Dunkin Donuts. Yep, all the fast food places.

My dad used to stand at the register and argue with the cashier about an expired coupon for so long that they would just give it to him, lol. It always made me really embarrassed... I felt really bad for the cashiers because I know if I were them, I would be going crazy. (I think they always gave up because his English wasn't great and they couldn't communicate to him why the coupon wasn't working/valid)

Back in high school, I also had a friend who would never bring a lunch. We ate lunch with about 6-8 other people so she'd wait until people finished eating, and ate their leftovers. That was her lunch. I don't talk to this friend anymore btw. She would also hustle for money during her breaks and brag about people lending her money and not paying them back.

I have friends that are kind of like that. It's not that they come from poor families, but because they don't like asking their parents for money and they feel bad using it (they're from out of state). They also buy their own food, but generally will eat our friends' leftovers as well.

I know of people who have bought something fancy and expensive to wear for one night and then return it. I was always told to do that when an event like that came up where I would only wear something once, but I always got lazy and just bought it and kept it (or didn't buy it at all and settled for something less expensive).

I think most the cases I've encountered in my life (including myself, my family, and my friends) are more likely cases of being frugal than being cheap.

Just want to say that... having those moocher kinds of friends are NO GOOD!! Or if you keep them, I just wouldn't lend anything to them. There's a line between being a good friend and being taken advantage of. No, your parasitic friendship is NOT worth my time! Good thing you don't really talk to those extreme cheap people who borrow and never have intentions of paying you back @ Kat and Oblada. Especially the one who bragged about it! Ugh, that disgusts me! Really, someone needs to slap her. Why would anyone brag about taking advantage of their friends?!!

Tuan, you need to take charge! Next time he owes you or is supposed to take you out, You should order!! Don't let him do it!! Then he'll be forced to pay you back equally Razz

Also I want to make another point that it's different when you have friends that you lend money or things to that have the intention of returning them to you at some point (but perhaps just forget) as opposed to the people who ask things of you when deep down they know they aren't going to repay you back. Really, if you're going to do that, at least ask if you can HAVE something instead of borrow it. Way to be misleading AND a conniving s.o.b.!
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Also I want to make another point that it's different when you have friends that you lend money or things to that have the intention of returning them to you at some point (but perhaps just forget)
*raises hand* lol. I always forget to pay someone back or I hardly see them, and when I do dont have the money on me (cuz i use debit a lot xD). But yeah i usually pay ppl back even when theyve forgotten themselves.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by ahnies on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 pm

my cheapest friend hm, he used to mooch off us. When we would go out to eat he'll sit there and eat our left overs or ask us to spot him.

now when i ask him to go out, I always end up at his place.
ahnies

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 am

lol sounds like Tiff's friend

and Annie!!!!! hugs, welcome back!! haha it's so good to see old people again xD

Back to top Go down

Post by ahnies on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:20 am

*hugs* yeah i know its been awhile i forgot about this until i got the email this morning. Smile

its gonna take me awhile to remember everyone lol.
ahnies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down