In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Japanese gamer marries his virtual bride

Go down

post Japanese gamer marries his virtual bride

Post by tsuki_panda on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:03 am

A video game obsessed Japanese man has officially MARRIED his virtual girlfriend.

The gamer, known only by his online gaming identity of Sal9000, wed his "bride" Nene Anegasaki in the American territory of Guam last weekend.

It is the first ever official union between a man and a virtual bride.

Nene is a character in the hugely popular virtual dating game — Love Plus — which has achieved cult following since its release in September.

tsuki_panda

Back to top Go down

post Re: Japanese gamer marries his virtual bride

Post by derrangedcookies on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:24 am

O_o
Now that's different.
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:33 pm

OH god I saw this on Youtube the other day. They had a whole wedding and stuff.
I'm kind of confused about it, though. Is the video game character exclusive to him? How is he able to get emotional interaction with her?

But um, nonetheless, it's amazing how.... open-minded the world has become. Not only are there same sex marriages and marrying robots, now people are starting to marry video game characters. o_o Next thing we know, they'll be having virtual babies with amazing powers or something. D:
mari

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Some people really take it seriously when they say, "If you love it so much, JUST MARRY IT" lol

Last edited by krzyasian on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:46 pm

That's really sad.
But I suppose some people enjoy being on the computer more than real life itself.
Someday in the future the world may all be using computers for school with robot teachers.
We may be able to have instant food of all types with no water or microwaving required.
The world is getting more and more open minded, but as we relax and let these things happen we could be getting closer and closer to a future of kids that don't build treehouses anymore and instead spend hours on the computer or gaming. We already may be there. D:
Grace

Back to top Go down

Post by mari on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

That's so true, Grace. x)
Compared to my brother, my exposure to technology, money, and all that materiality came much later. When I was his age (5, by the way), I really didn't know what the computers were for except for minesweeper, and I only received periodic allowances from my mom to buy candy, and that's it.
Nowadays, my brother is glued to the TV, loves computer games at the age of 5, wants to watch a movie every other weekend, and prizes anything monetary or with a monetary worth. It's kind of scary... like kids aren't innocent anymore.
mari

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Lol well that's how kids that age are. D:
Everyones doing it now. I don't blame him for getting caught in the current.
No one take this offensively... but I think we all are. I'm not saying that spending hours on the computer is bad, for it can sometimes be beneficial.
But it's rare to find someone who isn't in the least bit influenced by the habbits of our society.

There's a thin line between technology inventions of things that improve the world and things that just.aren't.needed. Computers are great and all and have many fun and constructive uses. But take smart boards for example. Why not just use a normal board?
Now that I think about it...

Inventions that "improve" human life are not only "making things easier" for us, but they're also making us lazier.
More and more things are by aid of computer.
Like Imbvu or whatever that chat site is. Why not throw a real party? Why not work out a little more so you can look more like your virtual identity?

I feel really bad for this man.
Grace

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Some people really it seriously when they say, "If you love it so much, JUST MARRY IT" lol

Lol Kat! I know?
There's that joke.

Do you like ice cream?
Yes
Then why don't you marry it?

xD
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Next thing we know, they'll be having virtual babies with amazing powers or something.
LOL Mari.. I'm confused about this too, how can this be? I mean emotionally and physically??

Mari your brother is too spoiled!

I'm surprised with what you said Grace, but it's so true, we're relying on computers so much these days that we probably wouldn't survive without it in the future.

How I wish I can live in a technology-free world..

Back to top Go down

Post by han on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 am

you just have to let go shelly
han

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:21 pm

I would hope not, but I'm afraid it is.
There's a chubby boy at my school who brings his computer EVERYWHERE.
Today in Bio our teacher passed out index cards for us to make flash cards.
He wanted to make them using photoshop.
She said no and that his computer was causing him to be distracted.
He started to moan and complain loudly.
She asked him to not bring his computer to class for the rest of week.
He started squirming in his seat and swearing.
He's so reliant on his computer that I find it sickening.
Because when I first met him without his computer he seemed somewhat intellegent.
But it's almost as if he's succumbed to being one of the many.

As much as it seems it would help the human race to get rid of computers and tv's, we'd probably just find some other stupid thing to do like farting contests.
I don't think technology should be gone from the world but it def. should be used wayyy less than it is today.
You have to admit it's really fun to gather with family and watch movies. : D
And meet new people online like on here.
And veg out by playing video games once in a while ect. ect.
Grace

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:31 am

lol I hope your school doesn't have wireless there..
and we were actually encouraged to bring labtops to school but none of us bothered, it was too heavy for me lol.

and well, if we didn't experience the whole technology thing, we wouldn't have the desire to watch movies anyway. I don't think we need technology to live, apes survived just fine. Unsure

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 pm

I think a little technology is good. I think there are some people who are addicted to it though. That's bad...
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:13 pm

@ Grace: I don't think I've met anyone that addicted... I would qualify myself as one of the many that are reliant on the computer haha. But yeah flash cards done on photoshop would be a pain in the ass, I think. I'm interested to know how he would've gone about it though.

My teacher's always talking about this book that was published about the television. I forget what it was called...but the catch was that it was all "written" with images! So it was showing that people are communicating less by text (books, magazines, etc) and more by visual graphics (t.v., computer).

But yeah tech as a whole is nice because of less physical labor and etc. But it's good to maintain that balance should it go wrong. lol.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 pm

LOL Mari.. I'm confused about this too, how can this be? I mean emotionally and physically??
Haha I was thinking the same. But physically? Shelly, let's not even GO there. lol!

Yeah, technology has become such an integral part of our daily lives. Everything has it's pros and cons though. I blame my addiction to the computer for making my eyesight as bad as it is. I really do love some things technology has allowed me to experience though, like the Zelda and Final Fantasy games, and Photoshop and making websites and finding PA.

Back to the topic... This guy. Forreal? You're allowed to do that? ...
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 am

http://us.cnn.com/video/?/video/tech/2009/12/16/lah.japan.marry.videogame.cnn

after watching this news, I kind of understand where he's coming from lol, she is pretty cute! and he can talk to her
waveshell

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:14 pm

I just watched the video you posted, and I just hope he finds a really nice girl in real life someday who will make him realize how great a REAL girlfriend can be.
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down