In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Forum themes

Go down

post Forum themes

Post by waveshell on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

We're thinking of changing the forum theme to online games, we can discuss, share tips and interactive in popular online games such as gaia, facebook games, omgpop, neopets etc

Comments and Feedbacks??

Last edited by waveshell on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

post Re: Forum themes

Post by iliketobite on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:12 pm

What exactly do you mean by the theme? Like the layout theme, or just topics? Cause I thought having threads for them already made sense..
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:27 pm

I meant the whole Auphoria theme, what do we do in general?

We're also thinking of making collabs our main theme and focus more on collabs..

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:42 pm

I think collabs would make more sense... since it seems like more of what we do imo. So we have completely/entirely cut Auphoria from the guild? (saw a post about it earlier but wasnt sure if it was absolute)
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 pm

I'll try and set up the collabs by April and see how it goes.

If anyone here's still active on neopets, I don't mind passing on the guild to them, they can run neopets related activities in the guild, but our requirement will still be 18+ and they can use this site as their guild site.. we can set up a neopets section in the forum.

However, I don't want the website to rely on neopets again, eventhough we're not active, but it's still good to build our way up independently hmm

Another thing I was thinking, if we did include that games section, we can build our 'circle' in those game sites, e.g. omgpop auphoria group, gaia auphoria group etc, but again, we need to have someone who's familiar and active in those games.

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, I think in order to have the game thing, I think we'll have to have a lot of (or at least a handful) of people from Auphoria that play it somewhat regularly. If we only had like 1 or 2 people in there, I don't think we could really build a circle there (I don't think people get easily attracted to a group where there are only a few members, you know? but then again I guess that's how groups have to start anyway).

I don't know if letting the neopets guild use this site as their site is a good idea.. what if whoever takes it over runs it completely different? I think if we break off from it, we should break off from it for good.. even though I know that's where a lot of us started and it has a lot of memories <3
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:55 am

yea I agree with you for both points.

so how about we forget about game theme and neopets and focus on collab.

I was speaking to Tiff earlier. We can make collab our home page, and categorize them into: Sing like a star, Sing for fun, Sing in your style, 3 big categories

'star' - proper recordings (like our ebs and good collabs)
'fun' - not as strict (like most of our collabs)
'style' - any weird and random sounds/noises/singings lol

and we'll put up a list of songs for each categories.

The problem now is how do we make sure people send in the clips on time =/
I was thinking of 'send in clips at the time of signing up' method, but that doesn't seem to be too realistic

-------
Edit: hey just a thought, Tiff mentioned choosing something I'm passionate about so I can keep it updated

do you think Marine conservation theme or global warming would work?? we can run contests such as photography, graphics, promo videos etc, encourage volunteers

example site: http://www.nature.org/volunteer/?src=l6

I'm looking for volunteering jobs for marine conservation at the moment, thought I'll drop the idea here..

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Oooo I like that idea about dropping the games and neopets and focusing on collab with those categories. Perhaps instead of mixing all of them, you can allow people the option of mixing it themselves or letting people mix for them? If that's the case, maybe people who are capable of mixing them will do it at their own pace instead of having deadlines? A capella can be another category (then you dont have to mix practically!)=]

So you have a preset list of songs for people to sing?

I'm a little confused by the volunteering / Marine conservation thing. Is that a theme idea for Auphoria? I don't know how to incorporate that into here since we don't have any organization or means of taking action. I feel like if that was our theme, people would just talk about it but not really do anything. If they entered contests and such, what would we do with their entries?
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:04 am

lol forget about the marine idea, I don't know what has gotten into me, that was like a week's fever then it's gone lol.

anyway, Leslie to keep you updated on our things. We are almost done with our new application!!

https://apps.facebook.com/auraoke

you can allow people the option of mixing it themselves or letting people mix for them?
I was indeed thinking of gathering a list of mixers.

I'm not too sure what you meant by 'mixing themselves', do they mix their own part or the whole song?

I think we need to have a list of 'qualified' mixers, otherwise our collab qualities will only go down, and I wouldn't want to publish collabs that aren't matching the music, or has cracks and distortions on our facebook application/website.

and re deadline, I'm thinking of using 'asap' instead, that way people won't be thinking 'oh i still have 3 days, i'll do it later', and in the new apps, you can see a 'Status' section where I'll be updating the progress. When we're missing only 1 person's clip, everyone will know it's 'her/him'. That's when we can give out a warning, and looking for replacement.

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:17 am

Dude... awesome app!! =] can't wait to fiddle with this once school is out. It's looking great so far! You haven't released it yet though, right?

Ok, I think I misunderstood what was happening before, so I get what you're saying now. I thought you were doing it on the forum here, and was going to have one person send in their clips for the whole song and then have someone here mix it, but I didn't realize it was going to be a bunch of other people singing and putting clips together. I wasn't thinking haha >.< Yeah, gathering good mixers together will be nice =] I wonder if James is still active / willing, haha.

I really like the status idea too.
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down