In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

computer screen waves

Go down

post computer screen waves

Post by waveshell on Fri May 07, 2010 4:17 am

I had no issues before, but after I installed the new windows xp, when I scroll the page up and down, it moves in waves, help!!

I also noticed the video pictures are not as sharp, it has signs of moving in waves too, but not as bad as scrolling pages..

I understand it's got something to do with video cards? but how do I go about fixing it? anyone can help?

Back to top Go down

post Re: computer screen waves

Post by iliketobite on Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Sorry Shelly, I have no idea! Waves? I think I know what you mean, but I've only seen it happen on really old computers. Does it lag too? Hm.... this is why you buy a Mac!! Razz
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sat May 08, 2010 12:07 am

yea it lags too!! =( I never had this problem on the same laptop before, it's just the new windows xp I installed, it comes with service packs and fancy stuff, that might be why..

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Sat May 08, 2010 12:41 am

Hmm... why don't you install Windows 7? I never had XP on this computer, but I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista and there was a huge difference in speed.

Umm other than that... did you try updating your drivers?
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 am

I was gonna install windows 7 but my colleague said my 1Gb ram isn't enough, it'll slow down the whole laptop.

I also tried downloading drivers for internet and sound card, after downloading like 7 files, 2 of them worked. Which driver should I be updating mainly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Sat May 08, 2010 1:05 am

I would say video driver.

Hmm yeah, apparently 1 gig RAM is the minimum for Windows 7. You probably want more than that. lol. RAM is relatively cheap though. You can always buy more. Haha.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sat May 08, 2010 7:13 am

I think the technician said something about my laptop can only go up to 2 gig? it's Dell Vostro 1400. So say I have 1gig currently, if I buy a 2 gig ram, do I replace the 1gig or add on to the 1gig?

I tried downloading the video driver from dell.com but the file doesn't support my model, even though it says 'compatible with 1400' -_-;

a friend is downloading the whole of drivers for my laptop, he said he's been downloading it for 2 days, now that doesn't sound right.. I asked for the basic simple version of xp, I'll reinstall it next week and see what happens.

This is so annoying, after I use it for like 10min, it'll start lagging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Sat May 08, 2010 9:38 am

Err you should be able to add more than 2 gb RAM. o.0 Depending on if your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit, you can add 3 GB, or more. Right click on Computer and click Properties. If it's a 32-bit O/S, the max your O/S will recognize is 3 GB. Otherwise, if it's 64-bit, your computer will be able to use 4GB or more.

Okay I just googled your laptop model, and it does have 2 RAM slots. You can probably add another 1 GB stick, unless your current setup uses 2 512 MB sticks. lol I doubt it though.

http://crucial.cn/store/listparts.aspx?mfr=Dell&model=Vostro+1400

Err where did you download your driver? Go to the Dell website, click on Support. Select your computer, then scroll down and download the video driver.

And wtf, downloading drivers should not take 2 days. More like 2 minutes.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun May 09, 2010 1:04 am

ooo omg I tried downloading the video driver again by putting in my service tag, this one works!!! yay.

I almost bought a ram lol, if this driver works, I think I can hold on for a few more months hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down