None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Random Chat

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

post Re: Random Chat

Post by iliketobite on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:20 pm

I'll have more time to run things after I quit my job at the end of year!!

Woah... why are you gonna quit your job? i thought you really liked it? or is it out of season?

also if you get an american bank card... probably as with other bank cards, be careful of overdraft fees and extra charges and whatnot for doing something you weren't aware of.. ex. I didn't know if I withdrew money from my savings account more than 3x a month, they'd charge me $9 or something like that. Nobody ever told me either =[
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:53 am

yea I like my job, but it's time for a change.. I'm bored lol

I hate those bank hidden charges.. that's why apart from just transaction and saving account, I don't normally do anything else.. anyway, I think I might just leave the cash for now, too much trouble..

random, but omg I can't stand my room mate, she's got the sluttiest voice with this guy she's been bringing home, seriously, the sounds come out from her nose, it's sharp and like someone pinched her nose and they're all prolonged sounds *shivers* I can't imagine which type of guys like these kinda girls..

anyway, random again, I think my mom's getting married with her ex soon, and she assigned me to be the wedding planner hahah

Last edited by waveshell on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:48 pm

You have so much going on, Shelly :o . The end.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:54 pm

lol kat. yea, your life is much more eventful than mines, shelly! so how do you feel about your mom getting married to her ex? do you like him?

it's kind of hard to imagine the noise your roommate makes shelly, lol. at first when you described it as slutty i figured you were hearing sounds coming out of her room lol. but then you said it came out of her nose so i'm all o__O hahaha.

yeah, i just have a checking account. i didn't even want to have a savings account with the bank that i have a checking account with but they said i had to have at least 2 accounts... so i just kept the minimum of $300 (if you put less than that in the savings account you get a fee) and use my checking account to take out cash. then i have a separate credit card through another bank that actually gives me point rewards. then i have another separate savings account through another bank that gives me high interest so i use that as my main savings account. kinda complicated-sounding but it's not too complicated.. haha
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:19 pm

lol I wouldn't say my life's eventful.. I thought it was pretty boring actually, every day's the same.. =/

Kat, you're the one that have big changes coming up!! So have you told your parents about your options yet? lol

surprisingly, I'm in favor of my mom getting married with her ex, he's nicer to me than my mom was, he made me feel at home and my mom pushed me away lol. Anyway, I think it's good for all of us, if she can settle down with him then he's not alone anymore and he didn't waste 12 years of his life with her, and I'll be happy because finally I'll have a 'root' to go back to, and my dad can also move on..

no my roommate they weren't doing it lol.. funny enough, I've never heard anything like 'that' from the 2 couples that live under the roof, not that I intentionally tries to listen.. Unsure lol anyway, you know when kiddies nag their parents to buy something? yea sounds like that, coming from a 25yr old girl! Fear

saving accounts should have higher interest!! and you should be able to transfer money back and forth without any limitation? That's why I keep a savings account, so I can limit my spending and earn higher interest.

haha I use to have so many cards from different banks too, but the only reason i got them was because they looked really sleek or pretty lol, I've always wanted a transparent card that's narrow and curved, if I find one, I'll be the first to sign up lol doesn't matter what it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 pm

You know what can be depressing? Facebook =_= Even if it keeps you in touch with old friends, it's really quite a bummer to see those old friends hang out with each other without you x_x ... even though I have my own life now doing separate things..basically it's hard to let go of the past with facebook... Maybe I'm just lonely and crazy though haha!

(Edit: Actually, I could just invite those people out, huh haha so nevermind! Lol xD)

Shelly, did your mom's ex propose? Or did it come up casually in conversation that she wanted you to be a wedding planner?

Also I imagine your roommate to sound like a valley girl haha. Do you get new rommates every so often? Annnd don't you interview them to stay?

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:04 am

hahah I'm not depressed about old friends hanging out without me lol, in fact, I find it interesting stalking their new life lol, but yea I do miss the old days

well my mom knows I'm doing event/wedding planning now, so she just said 'you can be our wedding planner' lol, she doesn't want a big wedding, so nothing tooo fancy

no we don't change room mates that often because our place is really cheap, so people have been living here for years, this annoying girl actually lived there for about 3 years now, she was the one that showed me the room lol, she was nice, it's just when she's with guys, she changes to this naggy needy slutty girl -_-

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am

So when's the wedding? How many people does she plan on inviting? Are you one of the important people? Haha.

You guys should purchase mutual funds if you don't touch the money in your savings account. The potential for gains is much greater with mutual funds than you'll ever get from savings accounts. The only thing is you can also lose money, but if you wait it out, it'll eventually go back up again. So if you're not playing to use the cash anytime soon, mutual funds is the way to go!

I have two credit cards from two different banks. I also have my chequing account with one of the banks, along with a RSP account (retirement savings plan) and two tax-free savings accounts (TFSA). One of the TFSAs is a high interest account (which I don't use anymore and isn't high interest at all), and the other is a mutual funds TFSA, which I do use. I also have a high interest TFSA at a bank that doesn't have physical branches, lol. But there's $0 in there because I changed my mind and decided to put everything into mutual funds.

I don't talk to my old high school friends either. I suck at keeping in touch with people. Haha. In all the years since I've graduated high school, ONE person has reached out to me. But I stopped talking to him because I thought he was kind of sketchy. -_- Unfortunately, he got his gym membership renewed kind of recently, and it's the same gym I work out at. =/ I used to run into old friends on campus during my first couple years and we'd say hi and make small talk, but I'm not on campus that often anymore so I haven't seen them at all lately. I'm not depressed about it either. I just think about them as part of my past I guess.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:28 pm

wedding might be next year summer/autumn, around march to april I assume
and I surely hope I'm one of the important ones if not -the- important one lol, my mom doesn't have a lot of people in nz so probably a really small group like 20 or even less lol, but they want to go back to China and celebrate too, that will have more people!

what's a mutual funds? I put some money in term deposit, can't touch it for a year or so, it's not massive difference, just a few hundred dollars.

hahah have you bumped into this guy yet? maybe he's into you, that's not sketchy at all!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Oo are you excited? I'm excited for you! haha I love weddings - dressing up and the food!

Mutual funds... basically a mutual fund is a collection of stocks from all sorts of companies. It allows you to diversify your portfolio without having to manually pick up stocks.

Yeah I've bumped into him a few times. I just pretend I don't see him, or I just wave/smile and continue with what I was doing. Haha. Lol he was flirting with me, even though he has a girlfriend he's been dating for 7 years. That's why I stopped talking to him. -_-
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:02 am

yea I'm really excited!! food is nice, but I'm more excited about the whole process of planning it, then see it happen!!! xD

oh mutual funds.. I'll look into that, don't think I've heard of it before

holy crap 7 years? that's pretty amazing considering his age, so yeah you stopped talking to him because he has a girlfriend already.. ok fair enough ;P you should let him know next time and flirt back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:51 am

Haha you don't find it stressful at all?

Hey, random question: when did you start university and when did you graduate?
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 pm

stressful? the wedding? no way, it'll be so fun!!! I love planning weddings.. oh btw, I just got a return customer (my first client!) today, he spent 12grand last year and he wants to host a function again!! I'm so happy, just the fact that he enjoyed last cruise makes me happy hahah

me? I went to uni in 2005 Feb I think, and finished in 2007 Oct I believe.. WHY? haha I knew it's not a random questions!

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Ooh that's great that you get along so well with the man your mom will be marrying, Shelly! =] I'm happy for y'all!!

iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:25 pm

hahaha I was teasing her Leslie, of course she wouldn't go out with that kind of guy!

Edit: it's amazing what you can find on the road when walking to work..

I found.. a plastic knife, a pad, cig buds, bus cards and a giant teddy bear!!

along with a RSP account (retirement savings plan)
hey this just reminded me, don't you guys have superannuation accounts there?? I just remembered I have an account here in oz that has my retirement savings, normally salary package includes superannuation (9%) and they just put money into that account directly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:00 am

I have no idea what a superannuation account is. But 9% is a lot! =o Our one-year term deposits have an interest rate of like... 1-2%.
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:51 pm

oh no sorry I meant superannuation amount is 9% of the salary, so e.g. if you're getting $45,000 per year, most company will offer 9% of that as superannuation on top of that, but I don't think you can withdraw it before you retire though lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superannuation_in_Australia

oh yea our term deposit is higher than that haha, my current one is 6months and it's 5.8% (I think it just went up to 6% recently =()
http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/investments/term-deposits/rates-fees/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by iliketobite on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm

i dont think i've heard of a superannuation either. man i don't like being an adult... i'm still not used to this adult stuff -____- i think a retirement plan here is called a 401K? i have no idea what percentage i put in that.. gotta go look that up some time...

lol i'm glad you were joking shelly!! it started worrying me a bit!! Razz
iliketobite

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 pm

woa I thought at first that you get 401k for your retirement lol, to be honest, I'm not too concerned about my retirement, I mean hopefully.. by that time, I'd have my own house with a lot of savings and assets, and hopefully lol I'd have husband and a lot of children that can take care of me. If I don't have those, then I really don't think I want to be alive when I'm at that age..

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Babies... I've been seeing so many babies and little kids lately... I think they're all coming by with their parents because of the nice weather, and school's starting and I work right by a nursery sort of place and a bunch of schools... They're pretty good so far. Some babies, they see you and smile and wave. It's so cute! Because they clearly have no idea what they're doing except that that's what they do whenever they see someone looking at them haha!!! AHHH! babies.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:15 am

lol wooo that's the first sign of Kat wanting babies!! ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblada on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:24 pm

^ HAHA that's what I was thinking. Whistling
Oblada

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah right. Maybe. Not one of my own. Just one to play with like a kitten. I'm actually terrified of hurting kids lol. Like what if I drop them or something hahah!! I just don't know how to treat a kid, really other than smile and wave nicely to them.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 am

baby and kitten? lol they can't really be compared Kat! don't worry if you dropped your baby, they'll just be stronger!

me and Pavan were talking about babies right til the last day we saw each other lol, we were still arguing about whether to have 1 or 2 babies, he wanted 1, I wanted 2 lol.. anyway, I think it's being in a serious relationship that makes us want babies, it's ok to admit it Kat ;P we all support ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2