None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Auraoke Introduction + Singing and Recording Tips

Go down

post Auraoke Introduction + Singing and Recording Tips

Post by Oblada on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PA's Song Collaboration is a joint effort amongst several members, with the common goal of covering a popular Asian or Western song. Just like karaoke? Yes, recorded karaoke.

Signing up

Post your choices in the appropriate threads.
1. First song and part:
2. Second song and part:

Important Notes
* Please be responsible and make sure you send in your clips on time! It's not fair to the others when we can't proceed with the mixing because we're waiting on YOUR clips.
(If you do not get your clips in within 3 days after the deadline, you will be automatically replaced by somebody else.)

* Record a cappella clips ONLY!
Please plug in a pair of earphones to your computer and listen to the instrumental while you record your clips.

* Name your clips as "#xx-yourname", where xx is the collab number or song name abbreviation. Add numbers at the end if you have more than 1 clip for that song.
* Send in your clips as ATTACHMENTS to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Recording Tips
by waveshell

- Usually, smaller rooms have better qualities.
- A quiet environment will help to reduce the noises.
- Shut all the windows, close the door. This will reduce the background noise dramatically.
- Place your recorder on a table or somewhere solid. (It's best not to hold it in your hand, as you move around, a little movement = a lot of noises.)
- Don't get too close to the recorder. It's not a problem if the volume is soft, but if you're way too close to the recorder, not only will the 'p' 's' 't' pop, some high notes will be distorted, which cannot be fixed.

Personal Tips
by waveshell

- I like to put on the instrumental while recording. Use a headphone for this, in very soft volume.
- I also like to be able to hear myself singing, this will help me to keep in tune and on beat as much as possible. You can do this by using only one of your headphones, and cover your other ear with one hand. Or press both headphones close to your ears.
- When singing, standing and keeping the chin up will help to project the sound much better.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post them here. Smile
Oblada

Back to top Go down

post Re: Auraoke Introduction + Singing and Recording Tips

Post by derrangedcookies on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:20 am

So like, I'm not sure how to sing with the instrumental (It's kind of hard), so is it okay if I just sing (with the earphones on) with the MP3?

And let's say I have another part but someones other lyrics are in between, so do I just stay silent during the recording and the keep singing when my part comes on??
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by krzyasian on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:11 am

Okay. If it's too hard with the instrumental, mp3 is fine because it happens.

You dont have to stay silent for x amount of time if there's lyrics in between. Usually people send two separate clips of themselves singing. One saved as (something along the lines of) song/collab name, color and then part 1 or part 2. or however many parts there are.

There are other strategies/ways to record too but the above i think is the most simple.

krzyasian

Back to top Go down

Post by derrangedcookies on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:42 am

Okay, I tried to send it in..
I hope you guys got it..
I don't use Windows email thing.
Dx
derrangedcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by waveshell on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:45 pm